Monday, May 25, 2009

Overview of MAY!

So... SO much has been going on the last few weeks! We are settling in our new home with finishing Pressly's room :-) and painting our living room etc., Pressly had her blessing and her daddy did an AMZAING job! Also I am back to work, unfortunately... I had a hard time for the first few days, I am doing a little better, and thank goodness I can blog and look at KSL at work, it helps keep my mind busy. We also had our one year anniversary.

MAY 3rd
Pressly was blessed at our new church! It was just our second time in the ward, so I think a lot of people did not know who we are, but our ward is VERY nice and a lot of fun. Jordan did such an amazing job, his blessing was truly special and Pressly and I are SO lucky to have him in our life. I got REALLY sick during and after sacrament. It was horrible. After church we had waffles and ice cream! I thought it turned out to be a pretty good idea. I was not able to have any b/c I did not feel well. I had heather run around and take some pictures.
Here is beautiful Pressly in her blessing dress! This blessing dress was MY blessing dress, that my grandma made. My mother in law fixed it up beautifully for Pressly's big day!






Here are some pictures from after.....












MAY 8th
Jordan and I have been married ONE year! I can not beleive how fast a year went by. We have accomplished so much, and a lot more to come! We have our beautiful little girl, our cute dog, a nice home and so many more blessings. We went and spent the night in the Salt Lake Hilton in the owners suite. It was SO nice and so much fun, we walked to the gateway.. enjoyed some shopping and Happy Sumo! We LOVE sushi! If you do too.... Happy Sumo has the BEST sushi... so go there! We had the top of our cake we ate, we only had a few pieces and threw it away, It was REALLY good, but I am still trying to lose my baby weight! Does it ever end!?
All I took pictures of was our cake...






MAY 10th
My first mother's day! It was SO much fun. We were in Salt Lake that day and spent the night for our anniversary. I am SO blessed to be a mother and have such amazing mother's in our life. My wonderful mother who raised me and has ALWAYS been there for me and given me so much. My mother in law who has been there for us from day one and is ALWAYS there for EVERYONE... she is the most giving loving person I know. And of course my step mom who has done so much for us too. We are LUCKY and we LOVE them so much!
And for Mother's Day we took pictures of the kids for my mom and step mom! Pressly is lucky to have such fun loving cousins!




















MAY 11th
First day back to work! :-( I dropped Pressly off at her Grandma Leann's, and cried all the way to work. Cried on my lunch break. Let's just say the first week was REALLY hard. But we have to do, what we have to do! The second week went by a lot better, and no tears were shed. I am just SO blessed to have my mom and mother in law be able to watch Pressly. She gets lots of loves and spoiled!

MAY 22nd
Memorial Day weekend. To remember the ones we love and have lost. We headed to Idaho to my brothers cabin in Idaho. It was a nice getaway. It was a little too rainy, but at least we got to stay in a NICE cabin with everything we need to be warm and clean. Dexter on the other hand LOVED the mud and wrestling with my dad's dogs and by day two he was too sore to even walk. Jordan enjoyed fly fishing for the first time, did not catch anything, but was close. I have been enjoying fourwheeler rides, playing "bigfoot" with the kids and playing with my smiley little girl.

I did not take any recent pictures... but here are some pictures from LAST time we went to the cabin.






As for memorial day I will NEVER forgot my brother Nate. Especially going up to the cabin, he LOVED flyfishing and fourwheeling and my dad's steaks. I miss him more than anything! I never knew losing someone so close would be so hard. My beautiful grandma Merrill passed away a month before my brother did, and that was hard too. But losing a brother that was so young, and married to his beautiful wife and had a beautiful little boy.... just do not understand. I know I will one of these days, but for know I just have to keep remembering heavenly father has a plan. It is SO easy to forget... ESPECIALLY when people go on and on, how this person was saved b/c of this blessing and they did everything they were supposed to, so they were saved. I mean I do beleive in doing what is right and blessings, BUT also we have to remember god has a plan for us. Sometimes preisthood blessings may bring comfort, but god's plan is well... his plan. I try really hard to remember that, I do not think anyone can truly understand unless you lose someone close to you and watch them suffer. I am sure other have had it worse. I am horrible at explaining my feelings and thoughts, so I will stop. Thanks for reading all this if you are still.





Anyways on a brighter note...Our new home has been SO much fun! Our townehome is way nice and has been fun decorating and trying to bring out my interior design. We all love our new home, and our swimming pool is officially opened! Pressly has her room all done (STILL minus her quilt and bedding).... everywhere else is pretty much done... although there is still a lot we would like to do. I just love being a homeowner. Although we are already talking about building our next house.. that will not be for a long while though!
Enjoy some Pictures FINALLY!
Here is our kitchen.. family room... and dining area...





Here is Pressly's Room!







And then some random May pictures....


9 comments:

Jewels said...

Presley got blessed on May 3rd? So did Tanner!! It was a great day!! Your house looks awesome!! Great work on decorating!!

Steph said...

Cute cute pictures!! Pressly is getting so big and I love her room!! Her blessing dress was beautiful and you have done an AWESOME job decorating, so cute!! So I'm hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the baby weight thing, blah!! Good luck with that, I'm proud of you for being able to stop with the cake, that's my problem, I love yummy treats!! :)

Oh, and about the starting the post on May 14th and so it posted beneath your other posts? You can change the date that you post it (if you want :) by going to Edit Post and then once you're in your post that you want to edit, go to the bottom and above where it says Publish there is a Post Options link and you click on that and can change the date that you actually post it, I learned that the hard way, just a tip! :)

Clark Family said...

I love all your pictures!! May was DANG busy for you guys! I love your house and am going to need your help in decorating mine - if we get it. Pressly is getting so big! I need to come give her some smooches!:)

Robbie and Shay said...

Um - Pressly's room is beautiful... I'm in desperate need of some help with Kohler's!!

Adam and Natalie said...

Chels Your baby is gorgeous and your new house is so so cute! I'm glad things are going well!

Breezy Weekes said...

good to hear all the updates and catch up with what is going on in your lives. Congrats on the anniversary, new home, and 1st Mom's Day! Pressly's room, looks super cute, and soon she'll have a cousin playmate over at Gma's. See you guys soon..less than a week! :)

Brett and Lex said...

Wow, quite the post! I'm sorry about your brother I had no idea. Pressly's blessing dress was gorgeous. That cake looked delicious! You are quite the little decorator! All of the rooms look great - I love Pressly's! Cute little fam, Chels!

Jaren and Sarah said...

Hey! I'm glad you found me! Your baby is SO darling!!

Clark Family said...

HEY FRIEND!!! You need a blog UPDATE!!:) LOVE YA!