Always locate nearest bathroom, wherever you are!
*Maybe too much TMI for some people, but had to document this... I think potty training moms may understand*
Today we headed to Layton to watch my nieces and nephew play in the La Roca Soccer Tournament. We first went to my nephew's game.
Pressly turned to us and said "Ahh I got to go potty!"
But within seconds it was too late, she had already peed.
The bag with extra clothes was left in the car, so Jordan ran to go get the bag (although it seemed like he took FOREVER)
So I am sitting there with a screaming child, on the sidelines with parents surrounding me, and she would not move because her pants were wet.
Then, the amazing mom I am decided oh I will just take off her pants and underwear while we wait for Daddy. I put an umbrella around us and there were chairs in front of us for privacy and plus she was wearing a longer shirt. Well Pressly was squating waiting for Daddy for bring dry clothes, I asked her if she needed to still go potty, she said "yes" but I had no idea where the bathrooms were and could not take a butt naked child across the soccer fields.
So we waited and waited for Daddy, I figured she was done because she always says she has to go again after she is already done (I think she likes all the excitment and praise).
Boy was I wrong!
Next thing I hear is "Look Mommy I did it, I did a poopie!"
Sure enough there was poop right under the Umbrella....
I was not sure what to do. I laughed, then looked around to make sure no one else saw her.
What was I supposed to do praise or scold?
I decided praise since it was not in her pants, but I told her she needed to go in the potty next time and needs to TELL Mama when she needs to go!
(P.S. YES we cleaned it up! I mean we pick up after our dogs, so we are semi used to it!)
(P.S. YES we cleaned it up! I mean we pick up after our dogs, so we are semi used to it!)
Tonight Jordan took her to the potty. She peed and Jordan asked if she needed to go poopie? She said "Nah, I go poopie on the ground. Mommy says 'Yay and claps' when I poopie on the ground."
I don't get why she pretty much has #1 down (minus today), but for the life of me #2 is impossible!
2 comments:
Lol, this is hilarious! What a funny girl!
that is awesome!!!! Gotta love being a mom! A surprise around every corner...lol!
Oh, and the number two thing, totally normal. It is a lot harder for some reason. Just keep at it. She'll get it.
Post a Comment