Saturday, October 24, 2009

swine flu vaccination????

So as I watched the thousend of people on tuesday at the Davis Conference Center, I have been seriously debating. I have NO idea if I want Pressly to get the vaccination. Does that make me a horrible mother? I just think it is scary injecting my developing child who is months old with something that has not been throughly tested and approved. I was reading KSL today too and now they are saying there are crazy side effects with the Tamiflu to treat swine flu! So what do I do... I can not decide. I am just nervous that in a few months or so some crazy side effect will come about in developing children b/c the vaccine has not been tested. Am I being a paranoid mother? Or a horrible mother to debate to get my child vaccinated!? Opinions?

4 comments:

Jewels said...

On Monday when my Dr. said I had it, Paul took him and the kiddies to get the H1N1..but obviously that didn't help Tanner, he still got the Swine flu. Not only that, but he got Influenza A and he got that vaccine back in September for his 6 month appointment!!

These dumb flus are hard-core stuff!!

Good luck!

Jewels said...

On another note, Tamiflu kicks butt! When they thought Madi had it, Tamiflu cleared up her Rotavirus way fast. So far, Tamiflu is helping Tann alot too!

Your her mom, only you know best.

Robbie and Shay said...

We got Bran one!! Only cause his Doc's said too. Little bit of a different situation with his CF though. If he gets any flu we could be back in the hospital. NO THANKS TO THAT!! Good luck, love you.

Nik said...

I'm afraid to ask, but what were the crazy Tamiflu side-effects? I just need to know what I may be looking out here in the future...

I think the vaccine isn't a cure-all. It's a gamble either way.

You are not a bad mother. :)