Friday, June 20, 2008

VERY VERY, VERY, GOOD, UGH NEWS

VERY VERY GOOD NEWS:
-Today was my last day of work for a week! Yay! We are headed to Lake Powell for a week on Sunday!
-Also with work, I got a new a position! I am now a back-up Team Leader! Yay me! I am so excited to learn new things and get a raise ;-)

Very Good News:
-So we had a Rafael ticket drawing today at work for some prizes... I put in $5.00, and won $15.00 Cash AND $15.00 to Best Buy! Take me to vegas! (see I am usually not a very lucky person, so I was pretty excited!)

Good News:
-I know I know this should be in the VERY VERY GOOD NEWS, but it's not..... the bishopric called us and wanted to come over soon last night. We said Ok, and knew they were going to ask us to talk...... so the counselor comes over and talks to us for a bit..... next thing ya know he asks "we want to give you a calling............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ as team teachers for the............... 5 year olds!" I was way more excited then Jordan. Jordan just sat there, and I said of course! haha! He's reaction was priceless, but I know it will be WAY fun!

UGH News:
-So we go to wal-mart trying to return the random gifts we got as presents to wal-mart. The nice wal-mart greeter scans them making sure they are from wal-mart, he said they were and put a sticker on them (also the DVD has a WAL-MART sticker on it!) So Jordan stands in line and I went off started looking for groceries and things for Lake Powell.... about 15 mins later Jordan comes and finds me and tells me he forgot his license and they need that. So I go stand in line for another 15 mins..... finally get up there, the lady scans the THREE items and said since it is over 50.00 she had to get a supervisor OK, and that I can only return 3 items within the 6 month period. So we waited another 5 minutes, the lady comes up looks at the gift card for a little over 200.00 and says NO NO NO NO we will not return this without a reciept. So I started asking why, she said because it is too much to put on gift card! (We are giving the money back.... hence wal mart gift card, we are not asking for cash...) So she refuses and I asked if we could at least return the DVD since it is Blu-Ray and we do NOT have that type of DVD player, she says ok, scans it and it is worth 65.00 something dollars! What does she say again with the NO NO NO NO thing! I said are you serious? Just because it is over 50.00 by about 15.00 you can not give us store credit, she says NO NO NO! Ugh I was SO mad! It has a wal-mart sticker on it, she acted like we were freakin criminals! I told her we got them as wedding gifts, which I SWEAR WE DID! But she obviously did not believe me, and told me I had to call the people who gave them to me and ask them to give me their reciepts! Whatever lady! Anyways, had to vent my story, I left so so upset! I refuse wal-mart now, and will be going to Target from now on! I like target a millions time better anyway! Better customer service, CLEANER store.......... ugh, anyways that is my vent... so was a GREAT DAY, until wal-mart came along and the (I could be mean but I won't) two "customer service" ladies spoke to me.

5 comments:

Clark Family said...

Congratulations!! On the Good News! Have fun in Lake Powell!

Nik said...

I would be mad, too! I would write a letter and complain! Go to the Syracuse one, Layton's is ghetto!

Anonymous said...

Dude I totally know how you feel. When I got my camera for my birthday a few years ago it broke right after. So I went in with my receipt and they wouldn't take it back. So I went to a different Walmart and they were much cooler. But I completely agree. I like Target much more.

Sheri said...

That is RIDICULOUS about the walmart thing. I'm with Nik, write a letter. But if you have the time, I'd try a different walmart. That's serious crap. When I got married we brought a whole cartload of stuff back to walmart and they scanned it all in and gave us a card. That's totally retarded what they did to you. I'm still fuming about it....

John n Shannon said...

I live in Wal-mart country (Bentonville) and that lack of customer service is unheard of in these parts. My vote is for trying a new wal-mart.

Oh yeah by the way, I'm your cousin-in-law....lol. Nice to meet ya and congrats on the recent marriage!