Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lake Powell

What fun Lake Powell was. I think it should be renamed to “Fun Town that you can do fun things in”. We started the trip with a very interesting chain of events. We had to drive “The Girls” Chris and Loris’ kids, because B-Town had some friends come with him. About 20 minuets in, Jos started feeling nauseated. We searched the car looking for a bag that she could throw up in. No later from when we found a bag and passed it back was vomit settling to the bottom of it. This almost started a chain reaction with her older sister. Stopping as soon as we could to get the smell out of the car. The now vomit engulfed bag sitting in the middle of the girls tipped over, pouring it onto the seats. Cleaned that up, and luckily got the smell to subside a bit by spraying it with……..smell good stuff!
Upon arrival at the lake everything was perfect! Here are some pictures!


On the way back however, is entirely a different story! Between Powell and Hanksville the dessert is desolate and scorching hot! Chris’s truck and electrical problems. The alternator went out. Its Sunday, high noon, crows flying waiting to eat our carcasses from death of dehydration! (Exaggerating a bit) We were at a loss of what to do. The decision was mad for Chelsea and I to drive to Greenville in hopes the NAPA was open, to purchase an alternator! Eventually Chris came with his truck to install the recently purchased part. Coming to find out that it would not work on his particular truck. YADA YADA YADA, it took us roughly 9.5 hours to get home!

P.S. Chelsea is PREGO!

11 comments:

Robbie and Shay said...

P.S. ONE OF YOU BETTER ANSWER YOUR TELEPHONE!!!

Clark Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nik said...

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

Clark Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun at Lake Powell! P.S. WHAT!!!????

Megan Knowles said...

What?! I am glad Lake Powell was fun...but I can't believe you are telling us this over blog world...we find out you are engaged over facebook and now pregnant over blog...call me soon!!!

Megan Knowles said...

oh and congratulations!!

Robbie and Shay said...

Now that I've spoken with both of you about the news...I forgot to post how ecstatic, overjoyed, delighted and thrilled I am!!

Sheri said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats! A BABY!

As far as your trip goes, I would have officially been ruined for me at the moment someone said they were going to throw up. Glad you are stalwart souls.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so happy for you two! Congratulations!!!!!

Jackie Norris said...

you're pregnant! Yey! Congratulations!

Breezy Weekes said...

Congratulations on being prego!! If you need anything or have any questions..I just went through the prego thing so my memories are fresh! -breezy