-Headed to the Intermountain Asthma and Allergy clinic for my testing.
-Waited for about 45 minutes, and the doctor finally came in and said it is ready to go.
-Went into another room and they handed me a robe like thing and told me to undress from the waist up, I began to panick! I was thinking about the last time I got tested at Tanner Clinic they just used my arm. So I did what I was told, although I wanted to run. I kept telling myself I gave birth to a child, I can handle 50 needles in my back!
-Nurse came in and tatooed my back with markers, and then all the allergens, then began to poke, poke, poke. Okay so it was not as bad as I thought (they were just scratches not needle pokes, thank goodness!)
-Laid on my stomach for 15 LONG minutes.
-Finally the nurse came back in, and glanced at my back and asked if I had any animals...
-Doctor came back in and looked at me and told me "yup, allergic to cats, horses, dogs, grass and staph, no food allergies at least."
-I would rather be allergic to FOOD! Forced to eat healthier or give up something that is bad for me, I would gladly rather do that then be allergic to DOGS!
-Needless to say I started bawling as I was getting dressed, called Jordan told him the verdict.
(Okay for those people not so into pets, maybe you don't understand, but Dexter is literally like an adopted son! He has always been our baby boy. Pressly absolutley LOVES her Dexter, and honestly I can't imagine our lives without him. I mean it is one thing him getting sick and having to be put to sleep, but thinking of him being with some other family... I hate thinking about it.)
- Talked to the doctor about changes having to be made in my life... luckily the amazing PA I was working with was writting everything down
-Went into the PA's office wrote up all the new steps to take in my life to try to get feeling better, and try to get normal again.
- No Animals (okay so they don't come out and say it, but they gave me a pamphlet stating: Cat/Dog Allergies... pretty much says don't interact with them, don't allow them in the bedroom, groom them weekly, clean consistently. Like any of these things can really happen since we live in a townhome, and I don't want to ignore Dexter and he does not deserve that!)
- No fragrances. (no more bath and body lotions, no more victoria secret lotions, no more herbal essences, no more peppermint bubblebaths, no more spring fresh laundry soap, no more fabric softener) Blan smelling... here I come, oh and finding "no fragrance" items, not the easiest and not the cheapest.
- Bathe instead of shower, with light olive oil (who knew?)
- Use light olive oil and then Eucerine cream for rashes
- Allergy medicine every morning, benedryl every night
- No make up until I am completely healed... and when I am use Physcians Formula
- Central Air, clean filters every 3 months. (Thank goodness when we were looking for a home I was determined to have a home with central air)
My hopes for the New Year:
-Humana One insurance will pull through and cover EVERYTHING in 2010... so annoyed with them!
-I will get my mac back within a week, of course I took it in to get it fixed and they tell me they have to send it to CA, stupid CA
-No more speeding tickets or any tickets for Jordan! Or me...
-I will get accepted to USU and begin my new excited goal
-I will survive this coming semester student teaching toddlers
-Jordan and I will survive teaching the 5-6 year old Primary class... my new class consists of two little boys with ADHD, one with SEVERE ADHD... in fact I was just teaching this year and they gave Jordan the calling to help me, because of him. Oh Boy...
-Get Pressly potty trained
Excited yet not so excited for 2011... Oh well Bring it On!
2 comments:
Bummer about all the allergies! We found out a couple weeks ago that Ryker is allergic to penicillin. Hope now that you have some answers you start feeling better!
Pressly is so stinkin' cute!!! We need to get together for lunch or something, and let our little girls play together. They would love it I'm sure. We are now living in my parent's basement, so I'm somewhat closer to you. Give me a call sometime, and we'll chill.
Post a Comment